Since I got my iPad2 back in May I have used it more than I ever thought I possibly would. I thought I would list some of the apps I frequently use, or at least like a great deal. I hope to do more of these lists, so I will start with a list of apps that I use in a personal capacity.
- Zite I recently got this app and I use it everyday to read about things that interest me. What I really, really like about it is that it provides a great deal of customization in terms of the articles it gathers. I also like that I can tell it which articles I like and Zite will list more articles similar to that one.
- Flipboard This was the first personal magazine app that I got. I still use it regularly–especially for the Facebook and Twitter integration.
- Smugmug I got this app just so I can look at the photos in my Smugmug account on the iPad. Why? Because they look AMAZING on the iPad–a lot more amazing than they actually are. We all need something to make us feel better about ourselves.
- As a bit of a movie junkie, I find that being able to easily and quickly view trailers for upcoming movies is almost a necessity. Yeah, I admit I will probably wait for them to come out on DVD or Bluray before I watch them, but just because I find the current ticket prices at theaters just stupid.
- Kindle Helloooo–I’m an English teacher. This is almost a job requirement. I confess that I never really saw myself as becoming an ebook reader–but boy I am now thanks in large part to this app. I now understand why brick-and-mortar bookstores are going away.
- Notes Plus This is my current favorite note taking app. Check back with me later–this one changes fairly frequently.
- EW Magazine/EW’s Must List I am going to count these as 1 since they both come from the same place. At first I just had the must list, but when I found out that I can get copies of the magazine on the iPad because I have a subscription I got that app too. I must say they iPad version of an issue looks better than the printed version.
- Reeder Pretty handy for keeping up with some of the blogs I follow.
- Ask Geeky confession time I guess. This handy-dandy little app lets me keep my World of Warcraft characters optimized for maximum killing efficiency. I also confess that I don’t use this as much as I did at one time since I don’t play WoW that much recently.
- Instapaper For reasons I don’t fully understand, I find that I sometimes like to read articles from web pages when I am offline.
Well, there it is: my list of apps I use a lot for entertainment or when I am winding down/killing time. I hope to do a list of apps that I use in my classroom pretty soon. Stay tuned.
Also: Because I am always on the lookout for the latest and greatest App, what are your favorite apps?